- May 2, 2009
- Posted by: Brandon Matheson
- Category: Santa Barbara Entrepreneur
I very much appreciate the opportunity to share my thoughts on the state of the mobile industry and particularly how much mobile has changed the “interconnectedness” of each and every human being.
Consider some of the following statistics which are verified via the Mobile Marketing Association of America:
1. The growth of the iPhone was 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Nielsen) (This is an amazing statistic for those of us who remember mailboxes stuffed with AOL discs during the 1990s.)
2. It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys)
3. There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia)
4. In some countries, there are more mobile subscriptions than there are people. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association) (How can this be? It’s because some people own more than one mobile phone.)
5. It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org)
6. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
7. Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Source: Borrell Associates)
8. There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. (Source: Jupiter)
9. 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
Beyond the numbers is a growing sharing of consciousness and even unconsciousness that will advance how we share, communicate and evolve as a society and a species.
I will post notes, presentations and possibly videos from the event.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.noozhawk.com/article/091011_sb_mobile_meetup/