- September 7, 2009
- Posted by: Brandon Matheson
- Category: Santa Barbara Entrepreneur
Last year, I presented to the American Advertising Federation on “Using Social Media to Build your Brand”. Highlights of the presentation are available here: http://vimeo.com/7916890
The goals are still pretty much the same and here they are again.
20 Possible Goals
1. I’m a content provider, and I want to expand my reach.
2. I want my customers to be able to stay updated with news about my company.
3. I want to get to know my customers.
4. I want to promote my product.
5. I want to stay abreast of current news and trends.
6. I want to share my ideas with likeminded individuals.
7. I want to increase brand awareness.
8. I want to provide customer service and support easily.
9. I want to find a job.
10. I want to recruit.
11. I want people to like my brand.
12. I want to collaborate on business projects.
13. I want to directly sell a product.
14. I want to earn respect within my industry.
15. I am getting information overload, and I want to get organized.
16. I want to drive traffic to my site.
17. I want to attract advertisers and make money.
18. I want to get more involved with local prospects.
19. I want to get more involved with people on an international and global level.
20. I want to keep up with my competitors.
There are certainly more possible goals for business social media use out there. I’ve probably not even scratched the surface.
What goals do you set for your social media efforts?